MyKrill is a team of technology and business experts dedicated to assisting clients in overcoming technology challenges and enhancing their technological capabilities, while delivering triumphant outcomes. We pride ourselves on being a one-stop-shop for all their technology needs, offering both Managed Services and a comprehensive range of Hardware and Software solutions. We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our team as the Director of IT Managed Services.
What we are looking for
As the Director of IT Managed Services, you will play a pivotal role in leading and growing two critical verticals within our organization – Managed Service Provider (MSP) and Hardware/Software Sales. You will be responsible for developing and executing strategies to ensure the successful delivery of managed services, as well as driving sales & partnership initiatives to expand our hardware and software offerings.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and implement strategic plans for IT Managed Services in alignment with overall business objectives.
- Define service offerings, price books, client agreements, and service level agreements (SLAs).
- Prepare and present monthly status reports to the Board and Executive Management.
- Lead and manage a team of IT professionals, including technicians, engineers, and support staff.
- Build, train, and develop offshore technical teams and capabilities.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and professional development opportunities for team members.
Client Relationship Management & Sales:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, understanding their IT needs and ensuring delivery of high-quality services.
- Collaborate with clients to identify opportunities for improvement and growth.
- Conduct Client Service Reviews, provide reports on SLAs, projects, and services.
- Support the sales process with data gathering, technical engineering, proposal reviews, and new client onboarding.
- Oversee the delivery of managed IT services, ensuring service level agreements (SLAs) are met or exceeded.
- Monitor, optimize, and automate, service delivery processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Establish and monitor quality assurance processes to ensure the highest level of service delivery.
- Conduct regular audits and assessments to identify areas for improvement.
- Plan and execute IT projects, ensuring timely delivery and adherence to project goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve project objectives.
- Stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies relevant to managed IT services.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to the team and clients.
- Identify and prioritize technology initiatives & tools to support organizational goals.
- Establish hardware and software technology standards for clients and internal operations.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of IT infrastructure for clients.
- Implement security measures to protect client data and sensitive information.
Budgeting and Financial Management:
- Develop and manage the budget for the Technology Services department.
- Oversee technology purchases, inventory management, and hardware & software resale.
- Monitor expenses and ensure cost-effectiveness in service delivery.
- Oversee customer invoicing for MSP and technology sales.
Vendor & Partnership Management:
- Identify strategic partners which enhance and add to our technology offerings.
- Evaluate and manage relationships with third-party vendors and service providers.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements to ensure cost-effectiveness and quality of services.
Previous Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor of Computer Science in IT related discipline or minimum 10+ years equivalent experience working in IT Systems
- ITIL Certification preferred.
- Effective communicator and relationship builder – Clear concise written and spoken, ability at all levels, customer, supplier and internal.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 & Azure Technology stacks, offering, and pricing.
- Experience with Professional Services Automation Platform: Connectwise
- Extensive knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure, including network and desktop administration, routers, firewalls, physical and virtual servers.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple assignments simultaneously whilst working with others.
- Willing to learn new technologies and stay up to date with current industry trends.
- Valid driver’s license